Louis "Louie" and Aunt "Susie" Bertolini Fava were the first owners of Fava's. Fava's started as a confectionary in 1910. Louie created some of the most mouth-watering ice creams which included fresh peaches and strawberries, chocolate, and vanilla. Susie made sure that the homemade chocolate candies were available at all times for the children. Other favorites were bins filled with fresh fruits that customers picked themselves. As the years have gone by, several different families have operated Fava's with the same tradition of good food and fellowship as we know it today.